cherry tomatoes, diced
handful of pitted olives, sliced
plain tuna in olive oil
sourdough bread (See recipe below to make from scratch)
4 cups of plain flour
1 sachet of dry yeast 7g
1 sourdough enhancer sachet 14g
1 tsp caster sugar
1 & 1/2 cups of luke warm tap water
1 tsp rock salt
60 ml of olive oil
1. In a small bowl combine water, sugar and dry yeast. Allow to bubble 5-8 mins. Stir to combine and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix 4 cups of plain flour with salt and sourdough enhancer. Make a well in middle and add 60 ml of oil, followed by the small bowl of liquid mixture. Gradually mix with a wooden spoon and than with your hands knead for around 10 mins.
3. Once it is combined, form a ball and then place the ball into a larger bowl and cover. Place in the warmest part of the house to allow the ball to double in size. It should take around 30 mins or longer.
4. Once it has doubled in size, knead for a little longer. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Form a round ball and flatten slightly with a rolling pin. Make a whole in the centre, I had used a ceramic dish and kept it there (in oven) so it wouldn’t close up during baking. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds, now bake for around 1 hour or until golden brown.
5. Once the bread is ready, cut into slices. Add tomato paste, tuna, olives, capers and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy.