1 whole chicken
1 cup of uncooked white rice
salt and pepper
1. Rinse the whole chicken under cold tap water and than place inside a large pot and fill it up with water about 1 inch above the chicken. Cover and bring to the boil, skimming the fat as it rises to the top. Reduce the heat down to low, add a good amount of salt and pepper and simmer for around 45 minutes to an hour. Time will vary depending on the size of your chicken. I used a 1.5 kilo chicken.
2. While the Chicken is cooking away, in a large bowl crack 4 eggs inside the bowl. Juice about 2 and a half lemons and add with the eggs. Whisk together and set aside.
3. Once the chicken is ready, remove the chicken out of the pot and place it inside a bowl to cool down. The chicken should be ready once the meat pulls from the bones easily.
4. Now add 1 cup of rice to the pot of water, turn on medium heat and stir for around 20 mins or until the rice is tender. Add the juice of around 3-4 lemons (depends how lemony you like it) into the pot. Once the rice is ready turn off and slowly add one ladle of hot broth at a time to the egg mixture and whisk briskly. After about 3 ladles of hot broth are added to the egg mixture than pour whole egg mixture back into the pot and whisk again briskly until a creamy looking soup appears.
5. Now pull off the meat from the chicken and add into the pot. Enjoy.