1 kilo premium or lean beef mince
1 medium red capsicum, diced small
1 medium brown onion, diced
2-3 sticks of celery, chopped finely
4-5 gloves garlic, crushed
1 good tbsp of butter
60ml olive oil
Italian herbs about 2 tbsp
1.5 cans whole peeled tomatoes
1.5 jars of Dolmio Extra bolognese sauce
100ml red wine
dash of all purpose seasoning
Good pinch of salt & pepper
1. Fry on high heat garlic, onion, butter and oil. Wait 1 min or until transparent.
2. Add capsicum and celery.
3. Add mince, stir on high until brown, lower temperature to medium-low.
4. Add all purpose seasoning, salt, pepper and pasta sauce, stir. Add red wine and stir. Than one by one, gently squeeze whole peeled tomatoes over pan into mixture. (Messy, however by squeezing whole peeled tomatoes you are releasing the flavor and adding texture to the bolognese.)
5. Turn on low for 30mins or longer for the flavors to set in.
6. Enjoy with spaghetti or penne pasta.