Ingredients for Pizza Dough:
4 cups plain flour
1 sachet of dry yeast
1 & 1/2 cups luke warm tap water
Pinch caster sugar
1 tsp of rock salt
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
Create pizza dough:
1. In one small bowl combine water, sugar and dry yeast. Allow to bubble 5-8 mins. Stir to combine.
2. Separately mix 4 cups of plain flour with salt in large bowl, make a well in the centre.
3. Add 60ml of oil in the centre, followed by the small bowl of water sugar and dry yeast. Gradually mix with a wooden spoon. Knead for 10-15 mins
4. Once it’s all combined, form a ball and then place the ball into a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Place in warmest part of the house to allow the ball to double in size. Takes around 30 mins or longer.
You can use what ever ingredients you like…these are the toppings for this pizza:
rocket and fresh basil
cherry tomatoes and ‘GOLD’ cherry tomatoes
red short chillies
ginger, freshly grated
pizza sauce as the base (garlic, basil and tomato)
peri peri sauce
blend of 3 cheeses ‘ Mozzarella, Parmesan and Tasty ‘
Creating the pizza:
1. Once the pizza dough is ready, take it out of the bowl and divide into two balls. Start to roll one into a round circle and about 1cm in thickness. Meanwhile, pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Now to make the pizza, start with the pizza sauce and add all the ingredients, make sure you add the cheeses on last. Do not use the peri peri sauce just yet.
3. Turn the oven to 175 degrees and place pizza in the oven for 16 mins or until golden brown. Finish with a nice topping of peri peri sauce, add fresh basil, rocket and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy.