2 x sweet potato
1/2 cup mild salsa
3-4 gloves garlic, minced
1 large red capsicum, roughly diced
1 large yellow or orange capsicum, roughly diced
4 green chillies, seeded and diced
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 bunch shallots, chopped
1 brown onion, diced
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
500gms beef mince
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and place in a microwave safe container. Fill container up with water, until it covers all sweet potatoes than place in microwave for around 18 mins on high. Alternatively you can boil them.
3. Meanwhile, In a fry pan place on medium heat. Add garlic, butter and olive oil. Next add mince and brown.
4. Transfer mince to a bowl and cover. Add in the same fry pan: shallots, onion, both capsicums, green chillies, sweet paprika, chilli powder, whole peeled tomatoes (squeeze tomatoes with your hands over mixture to release maximum flavor) and give a good stir for around 5 mins or so.
5. Add the mince mixture back to fry pan, stir well and turn down to a low heat and simmer for a further 5 mins.
6. Once potatoes are ready, give them a good mash, add some butter, milk and salsa. With a baking dish, add all the mince mixture into the baking dish followed by the potato mixture on top. Season with salt and pepper. Add finally grated cheese.
7. Bake for around 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy.