Chimichurri is an extremely versatile condiment that originates in South America. It is ideal to add to any meat or savory dish in order to achieve an extra burst of flavour. There are many different versions depending on which South American country you source it from. Coco’s Chimichurri recipe is inspired by a Chilean variant however I have tweaked here and there, and you can too.
1 whole tomato, seeded and diced finely
1 brown onion, diced finely
1 & 1/2 bunches of fresh coriander, chopped finely
Bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
1/2 red capsicum
1 tsp coarse rock salt
1 tsp black pepper
2-3 gloves of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp of oregano
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 red wine vinegar
1/2 lemon, squeezed freshly
1/2 tsp of chilli powder (optional)
1 tsp of paprika (optional)
1. Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl, give a good mix and rest well on the kitchen bench for 30 mins.
2. Add the red wine vinegar, lemon juice and water. Give a good mix than rest for a further 15 mins.
3. Finally add the extra virgin olive oil, until well covered. Enjoy.
- Best served at room temperature.
- Keep refrigerated when not in use.
- Lasts up to 7 days, store in an airtight container.